Saturday, November 27, 2010

For Anna

Here is the card I have made for my cousin Anna and her 2 children.
I needed inspiration for this card, so yesterday I surfed the net for cards.
I found a card on Tania Gould blog here.
Thanks Tania for the inspiration when I saw your card I thought it looked like the West Coast (South Island NZ).
So this card is pretty much a complete case of her card. 
Tania sponged hers, were I used my brayer and sponges and I have used this weeks sketch challenge at JAI#45.
 I matted my scene with Rich Razzleberry and Wild Wasabi, I didn't have any Rich Razzleberry Ribbon so I dyed some Very Vanilla 5/8' Satin Ribbon which I dyed with Rich Razzleberry Ink Refill.
I ruffed my Ribbon, which very easy to acheive and gives some dimension to your card.
This is the iside of the card, were I have used Pocket Silhouettes in the corner. I like to use something from the outside into the inside of the card.

9 comments:

  1. YAY!! I love your card! I would've used my brayer but me and my brayer aren't friends at all hence why I sponged but your brayering is fantastic! I'm so glad you liked my card and was inspired! Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Helen. I was so sad when I heard the news. My heart goes out to you and everyone who knew any of the miners. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Helen. I'm so sorry you had to make this card for Anna and their children. May they know God's peace and love for them, especially now. Hugs for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen
    This card is perfect for a West Coast seen. The colours are lovely.
    Hope you are coping ok in the circumstances.
    Know that you are surrounded by friends who care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen what a stunning card & I'm sure the recipients will be touched by it's beauty & the sentiments you've expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh Helen, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to undermine the reason of your card. I, too, am very sorry that you needed to give a card like this. I'm sure Anna and her family would've really appreciated it - it is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry that you had to make this card Helen. It is very beautiful and the lovely sentiments will be comforting to Anna and her children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry I haven't visited your blog since this horrid event happened. My thoughts are with all your family as they go thru such a hard, drawn out and painful time! I can barely imagine what your cousin is going thru. HUGE hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen...this is magical. Your love for your cousin and her family is very much reflected in this card. It is beautiful and it is like looking out a window onto a landscape. You are in my thoughts at this sad time. ooxx

    ReplyDelete