Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just Add...

.... A Colour Combination #54.
It first I wasn't sure about this combo, as most of you know pinks and I don't mix, love the browns.
So I got the colours out and looked at them for a few days and thought about what I could do.
On Friday the courier arrived with a box of goodies from Stampin' Up and inside there was 'Just Believe' Stamp Set, which has been on my wishlist since we got the new Idea Book and Catalogue.
I knew that would be the stamp set that I would use.
So here is the Sympathy Card that I needed to make.
 I have used Blushing Bride instead of Regal Rose as that is a colour that I don't have yet (pinks are on my bottom of my list).
I have used the Faux Silk technique. 
I covered the middle piece of Blushing Bride in pale pink tissue paper, I was quite pleased with the result.
This is the inside of the card.
I really like this, as a rule I struggle with Clean and Simple and I think this would made a beautiful card front.
Contact me is you would like to learn the Faux Silk Technique.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Helen. Love the faux silk technique you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, as always Helen. The faux Silk is a stunning technique. Thanks for playing at JAI :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I love your card Helen. I love faux silk its such an easy but effective technique. Yours is perfect with that stamp set. Love the corners too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with the faux silk, embossing and punched corners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Helen.....I am so glad I have found a kindred that sturggles with pink....LOL!! The faux silk looks beautiful and sets the card off perfectly. Well done. ooxx

    ReplyDelete