Tuesday, August 24, 2010

CHCH Regionals WOW

On Saturday at the Regional Training I was asked to present the WOW.
The technique I showed was Bargello.
Bargello is an embroidery technique using long stitches to create patterns.
But of course we recreate this technique in paper, using our striped DSP great way of using up our scraps.
Here are some exsamples that I showed on Saturday.
To make this Chervon pattern you need diagonal strip.
I used Washington Apple DSP which doesn't have diagonal stripes, so I made them by cutting 2 squares of DSP on a diagonal making sure you cut them 1 with stripes up and down and the other 1 stripes across.
I first saw this Technique on Dawn Olchefske blog, she has some great tutorials go and check out her blog.
This pattern you need diagonal stripes also, I had a scrap of DSP and I cut at 45degrees to form diagonal stripes.
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the new DSPs in the 2010 - 2011 Idea Book and Catalogue, and trying this technique there are 11 DSPs and 9 have stripes.

2 comments:

  1. No wonder you were asked to present the WOW, Helen - these are gorgeous. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all fabulous - hard to pick a winner

    ReplyDelete