Sunday, August 1, 2010

Just add.... Mans Card

This week at Just Add Ink they have given us a double challenge.
Just Add Ink Challenge #28 is ..... Add A Mans Card and to use these colours.
Are they just gorgeous? I think so.
On Thursday I picked a piece of the retired Parisan Breeze Specialty Paper that was in the Spring Mini last year, I thought that I would do something with it over the weekend then on Friday when I saw what this weeks challenge was I knew what to do straight away, how prefect.
I have used the oak tree out of Lovely as a Tree Stamp Set, It is one of my favourite stamps.
The details in SU stamps are so sharp and they ink up so beautifully, just one of the things I love about SU products. 
I also used the happy fathers day stamp out of the Occasional Greetings Stamp Set.
On the inside I have stamped the oak tree in the corner and scored a double frame around the edge, then I lightly sponged it.
Hope you have had a great weekend.

14 comments:

  1. ohhh this is mighty clever and effective. Love it to bits. thanks for sharing.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's stunning, Helen. A gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the "quilt" effect going on with the background Helen. Fantastic Man Card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the strips for the background and the embossing and sponging. Greta card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Lovely, it holds together really well. A Good Man card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card ! Love the background with the DP !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - so many fab techniques, but not at all overdone. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, love what you've done with the DSP - great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is amazing!!! I love that effect and must try it someday soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card, especially how you have used the DSP on your background, very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you have of set the DSP to give a very impressive effect! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOHOO, Helen! Congrats on making the Top 5 picks! I aspire to do that one day - until then, I'll just be thrilled that you have. Well done, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a cool effect you have managed to get with that DSP. I love it! And congrats on your Top 5 pick :)

    ReplyDelete