Friday, February 19, 2016

Happy

Pin It
Today's cards are using the Hello You Thinlits so I have made two cards first one using the word happy and the other using the negative.
  I was inspired by a card on pinterest, that had the balloon back ground and a thinlit sentiment.
I knew straight away when I saw it that I could use this weeks challenge at The Colour Tree #6.
These are definitely not my colours, that's whats great about the challenges getting you think outside of your comfort zone.
I sponged a scrap of Whisper White Card Stork with Perfect Plum in the middle then Rich Razzleberry on each side then finished it with Blackberry Bliss.
 I added some bling in the form of Candy Dots and Basic Rhinestones.
I used Crazy About You Stamp Set for the sentiments, this set matches the Hello You Thinlits that you can buy in a bundle and save 15%.
For the inside I stamped the balloon strings from Balloon Celebrations Stamp Set, then I punched some balloons using the Party Punch Pack.
This card is using the negative piece of card left over after I cut out the word happy in the above card.
 I loved the panel that was left but wanted to add something else to it.
I used the dandelion bits so it looked like it is being blown in the wind, these stamps are in the Balloon Celebration Stamp Set.
 I mounted the card with Stampin' Dimensionals onto Blackberry Bliss Card Stock.
I added more dandelion bits on the edge of the Whisper White Card on the out side and in the corner of the inside and added a sentiment.
I really love both cards but I think my favourite is the the dandelion card.
I would love to hear which is your favourite, let me know in the comments.
Go and have a look at The Colour Tree and join in the fun.
Product List

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen. Good on you for challenging yourself with colours that you don't usually go for! Love the balloon background in the first and the scatter of dandelions in the second. Thanks so much for regularly playing along and supporting The Colour Tree Challenges.

    ReplyDelete