Saturday, October 9, 2010

JAI # 38

Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't blogged for a few day.
I have been very busy in my garden this week, with the help of my Dad we have planted tomatoes, cabbage green and red, cauliflower, broccoli, 2 varieties of lettuce, spring onions, strawberries and potatoes.
Thanks Dad for all your help.
So I haven't got any crafting done, with gardening and the Commonwealth Games on tv.
I haven't watched the games tonight and have been working on a birthday card for my Mother In Law, her birthday is next Friday.
After seeing the challenge at 'Just Add Ink' this week, I thought I would use Pink for the card.
JUST ADD BLING ... and PINK!
I don't like a lot of pinks (soft pinks especially) but I do like Melon Mambo so I have used that.
And after talking to Jennie my downline tonight about Shimmer Paints, I knew what I was going to do.
I have used the Floating Watercolour Technique using Watercolour Paper, Re-Inkers mixed with Frost White Shimmer Paint and Aqua Painters.
I sponged the Ink mixed with Shimmer Paint directly onto the stamp, it gives it a beautiful shimmer.
I decided less was more and added only 1 Rhinestone, for the dot on the I in birthday.
Supplies List
Stamp Sets: Fifth Avenue Floral and Perfect Punches.
Card Stock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White and Watercolour Paper.
Inks: Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant and VersaMark.
Extras: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Aqua Painters, Clear Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Powder Pal, Big Shot, Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Sponges and Stampin' Dimensionals.
Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely WOW! Helen, this is lovely and fits the challenge beautifully. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful, Helen. I love how that turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to get some shimmer paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh nice with the shimmer paint x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic flower! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Helen, and love the shimmer paint too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't dads just awesome! Mine has been helping me in my backyard too! I really love this card - that rose is stunning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous Helen! The shimmer paint makes this technique even better.

    ReplyDelete