Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gardening while the sun shines.



Hi, hasn't the weather been nice? It certainly has been down here in Timaru. I have been too busy out in the garden to do any crafting. Yesterday I finished getting the vegetable garden prepared for plants and got Lettuce and mint planted. It feels good to grow your own veges.
Today I have weeded the rock garden in the front garden, its no mean feat, you need to be a bit of a mountain goat. I got some plants from a church plant sale yesterday, we have had problems getting plants to grow here before, so this time we have put lots of compost in between the rocks and we are hoping they will take this time.The end result looks good. I still have get the other side of the garden weeded, that is this weeks job.

No comments:

Post a Comment