Saturday, January 30, 2010

Waterfall Album


I have been making cards for about 20 years, I only started scrapbooking in the middle of 2008. I'm not very confident in this area, I have enjoyed what I have what done so far.
When I started, I went back to when Darian was born (1996) and been working my way up the years. When I got to 1998 (Savannah was born) I started working on both Darian and Savannah's pages. I have got to 2001 when Darian started school, and haven't done much more lately. When Samuel has seen me scrapping he has asked where he is, as I haven't reached 2005 I hadn't done any of his, so in the middle of last year I did 2 pages of his. 
My goal for this week was to work on a mini album.
   I first saw a waterfall album on Roz Begbie blog and she had a link to Delys Cram I had to have a go, there samples are just beautiful. I was too impatient to wait for Delys to email me the instructions. So with a lot of playing with scraps of paper, I worked it out and I am thrilled with the results.
Samuel is 2 years old in these photos, He was very pleased with the album.
I have left room for some journalling.
 These photo's where taken on 12th September 2007 at Don and Anne's house. They have a very large garden on the hillside of MacAndrew Bay Dunedin, there are thousands of Daffodils. Our house group would visit every spring, we always made a day of it and had lots of fun. This was our last spring before we moved to Timaru.
I used Petal Pizzazz Stamp Set another one of the six stamp sets I got free.
 
Supplies List:
Stamp Set: Petal Pizzazz.
Card Stock: Old Olive, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White.
DSP: Washington Apple.
Ink: Riding Hood Red and So Saffron.
Extras: Eyelet Border Punch, Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brads and Brads out of the Hodgepodge Hardware.

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Helen. You have done a great job. It is really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing design! I have no idea where I would start to fold something like that! Samuel must have been so pleased to see himself in some photos at last. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful album, Helen. I love the colours you have used, they compliment each other so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made a fantastic job of the album. Good on you for working it out. I too need to get on and do more scrapbooking. Luckily for me my Samuel is to young to know any different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic & love the colours you've chosen - you must be really pleased with yourself

    ReplyDelete
  6. sOrry Helen I emailed you today and what a clever clogs figuring it out. Lovely job too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen this is awesome! Off to read some more of your stuff! Thanks:) - Bron

    ReplyDelete